We all get used to the size of the desktop icons on our screen, so when they suddenly change size it becomes an irritation to our eyes. Desktop icons can suddenly become too big or small if something’s been accidentally pressed or if the screen resolution has been changed. Luckily, they can be changed back to the size you want very easily.
In Windows XP:
1. Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties from the pop-up menu
2. Click on the Settings tab
3. Under ‘Screen Resolution’ move the slider to the left to make the desktop icons bigger or to the right to make them smaller
4. Click Apply
The screen will quickly flash black and then change the screen resolution. A pop-up might appear asking if you want to keep the settings shown. If it’s not correct, click No and repeat the previous two steps.
In Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. With only the desktop shown, hold down CTRL
2. Scroll up or down on your mouse – The desktop icons will increase in size if scrolling up or decrease if scrolling down
1. Right-click on the desktop and choose View from the pop-up menu
2. Click on either; large icons, medium icons or small icons